My Dad was visiting the other day. The house was chaos as usual with our three little ones running around and toys scattered about the house. He sat quietly at the kitchen table taking everything in as he always does. After a while he said to me "what more could you want"? I didn't know what he was talking about. When I asked what he meant he said that I have three great kids, a nice home, and a great husband. Sometimes I get so busy with my day that I don't really stop to appreciate all that is around me. I tend to wish for more all the time when in fact I am living the life exactly as I had always hoped for. I have a fantastic husband who is the best father, three beautiful children, a comfortable home, my best friend across the street, a healthy loving family and a part-time job working from home so I don't ever have to leave my kids or miss any important events.
What more could I want? Nothing more than I have already. I've got to stop wishing for silly things that really don't mean squat. I already have it all right here and now. I've got to appreciate it more.