Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year

Christmas was really fun this year. The kids are at THE perfect age! My family came over Christmas Eve day and we ate lots of yummy food. After everyone left, the kids made cookies for Santa and put out water and carrots for the reindeer. They sprinkled reindeer food around the yard before bedtime.

With Auntie Kimmy...
Christmas morning was so fun. They all got so many great presents that kept them busy all vacation.

Now for an update on Julia. She is back to herself for the most part and finally went back to school today after being out for 3 weeks! Her month-long fevers finally ended on Christmas Eve. Her doctor put her on a 10-day course of antibiotics for an ear infection. (For those of you who really know Julia, this was a complete and total nightmare as she despises medicine!) I still don't know why she had four separate bouts of fevers with stomach aches but I'm just glad they are gone! But now she is struggling with blocked ears. Great. Now I'm worried she's going deaf. Anyway, her favorite gifts are these dolls.

Gianna's favorite present hands down was this from Santa! After she opened it, she was pretty much done with her presents. This was the only present she asked for and talked about it for weeks on end. She has tons of stuffed "friends" and has names for all of them. That is a post for another day.


Nicholas loves this. He would sit there for hours if we let him. We've already had a few meltdowns when we've told him to turn it off.

We spent NYE across the street at Patty and Fran's house as usual. We got pizza for the kids and the grown-ups ate Beef Wellington. Yummmm. We didn't quite make it until midnight because the kids wanted to go home and go to bed. I don't really get what the big deal is anyway so that was fine with me!

I'm hoping for another uneventful year!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!