So here are some pics of our condo where we are staying this week. The balcony...it's been so nice to sit out there to people watch and enjoy the ocean...
This is our condo on the beach side. Our unit is 4 stories up, last unit on the right side...
This is the kids bedroom. I love that they each have their own bed!
Full kitchen...we've been eating most of our meals in which is saving us money!!
Eating and living area...comfortable furniture for sure...
Master bedroom...
And this is our biggest life savor this week...love love love having clean clothes, bathing suits and towels while we are away...
So just to keep things real...it hasn't been easy being away from home this week. We are all feeling a little resentful that we had to come all the way down here in the first place. It's not like our summer vacations on the Cape that we've become so accustomed to. Virginia Beach is in no way shape or form Cape Cod. We are trying to make it somewhat of a "vacation" but honestly...it isn't working out like that. The kids have been having their usual arguments and unfortunately that sets the tone for the day or evening. Ugh. Then that sets off either me or Danny. It's been exhausting. The kids don't want to be here and Danny and I don't want to be here. I'm thankful that it is hump day today. We have 4 more full days ahead of us and then Sunday will be our long travel day back home.
We all miss home and we all miss KoKo. Gianna misses her toys. The kids miss their beds and their quiet rooms to sleep in. I miss all those things too plus the daily routine of being home. I miss our screened in porch and our pool. I miss my bedroom and my TV with all my DVR'd shows. I miss my clicker and knowing which stations to watch. I miss the quiet of our neighborhood. I miss watering my flowers. Oh boy. I miss it all. I really hope the rest of the week is ten times better than today. : (






