We are almost...almost done. So close. It's been seven full weeks with no appliances. Yikes!
So this is what we have so far. We had the granite installed this week. It's really pretty. We picked it out so long ago I was hoping I would still like it. And I do! We're not keeping those chairs by the way. They are just old bar stools that we had from our old house. Our new ones will be counter height and should be here soon along with our dining chairs. The table is being refinished too. If we don't have them soon, I'll probably set up the folding table and plastic lawn chairs again. : ) We need to sit somewhere, right?
The lights over the breakfast bar need to be shortened a bit...we'll do that next week...
We had the stainless steel hood put in. I love it! We also had the sink, dishwasher and cooktop installed on Friday! Thank goodness!! It's so nice to have actual running water in the kitchen again!!
Our fridge came this week too! The replacement double oven cabinet is finally here but just needs to be installed. Hopefully that will happen next week. Then we will have a working oven!!! Yay!! I can't wait to bake and cook again!! That glass cabinet is the wrong size and a new shorter one is on the way. Once that arrives they can finish the molding. : )
I'm so happy my new red clock is hanging on the wall! It's exactly what I was looking for.
Danny has painted one coat of yellow paint on the walls. It's so pretty. I've always dreamed of having a bright yellow sunny kitchen! He'll paint the second coat after the contractors are all done with their work.
I spent most of the day putting everything back in the drawers and cabinets. We're still waiting for the shelves to be put in the pantry cabinet. I'm really looking forward to putting everything back in its place.
Next up...tiling, putting up the rest of the molding and trim, and replacing two doors. We are replacing some of those defective cabinet doors too. They will probably take several weeks to arrive. The contractor said he'd put the door handles and pulls on anyway and just replace the doors when they come in. I love the handles and pulls we've picked out.
The second half of the project will be installing hardwood on the staircase and upstairs hallway. It's going to be beautiful!!
To be continued...