Friday, September 16, 2016

Newport RI for the day

I had the best day today! Danny and I spent the day in Newport to celebrate our anniversary coming up.  We've been to Newport before but we've never done a tour or visited any of the mansions. It was the most perfectly gorgeous day today too...sunny and cool.  My kind of weather!

So we started the day with a scenic tour of Newport.  We did an official tour on a trolley.  I was really enjoying hearing about the history of Newport and all the gorgeous ocean views...until I got STUNG BY A STUPID BEE!!!  And boy oh boy did it hurt! My arm is still tender eleven hours later!  I have no idea where that little bugger came from. We never even saw it. But I wasn't going to let that ruin my day. So on we went to tour the Breakers...







It really was fabulous!  Not at all a place I would want to call home but you have to admire all the gorgeous elaborate details...




Just look at that ceiling...





And like I said...it was the most picture perfect fall day...







I could have sat and looked at the ocean all day...what gorgeous views...


I could live in that house over looking the ocean...it looks a little bit cozier than the Breakers... : )



I felt like I was in Downton Abbey...just look how many floors there are...and that's where all the servants lived way up there...





I had to take this picture of all the pineapples for Julia...she has an obsession with pineapples lately...





I thought this tree was so pretty...


After our tour, Danny and I had a delicious lunch and walked around for a while. After a yummy ice cream we headed home. It was the perfect day.