Thursday, January 26, 2017

Friends & Traditions

Julia's 5th grade teacher holds a very special place in her heart. There are no other elementary school teachers that she continues to talk about to this day other than Mrs. Healey.  That year she had a group of friends in school who were inseparable...

Kailey, Julia, Livvy, Kelly and Gianna


For the past 3 years on Mrs. Healey's birthday, this same group of girls meet quickly after school to decorate cupcakes and deliver them to her classroom at their old elementary school. And every year, Mrs. Healey is overwhelmed with surprise and gratitude. These girls have gone to the same middle school for the past three years and some of them have moved on to new groups of friends...but it is very apparent that they still share a wonderful friendship with each other. I absolutely love that. I picked these five girls up from school yesterday and they talked and laughed all the way back to our house telling funny school stories...and I could hear their laughter all the way up to my bedroom upstairs (as I tried not to hover) while making their cupcakes. 

And here is that same group of girls today (now all in the 8th grade) with their beloved 5th grade teacher after delivering their goodies...


After their visit, the girls went out to the nature path behind their old elementary school and took a bunch of fun pictures...


Sadly, this may be their last year doing this get together as they'll be going their separate ways in the fall.  A few of them will be going off to a private high school and the others will be off to the public high school. But I know they'll always have a very special bond with each other. That I know for sure.