Sunday, December 17, 2017

Christmas (Missed) by the Sea

I had such a great weekend.  I started it off by having a delicious dinner with Danny at a new Italian restaurant in town...


Then I headed up to Ogunquit for our annual Christmas weekend. We missed the official "Christmas by the Sea" which was last weekend so we decided to create our own Christmas weekend!  We had a great breakfast at the house followed by decorating a tree in the backyard with pine cones covered in peanut butter and bird food, orange slices and cranberries...





Then we went shopping down the center of town and Perkin's Cove.  There was practically no one there this weekend so we had most of the stores all to ourselves which was really nice...


The stores were all decorated so beautifully...


There was snow again this year which makes it all look even more seasonal and beautiful...



Then we went to a restaurant overlooking the sea for some adult beverages and appetizers.  It was soooo good!!

Me and my awesome nephew Tyler. I'm so incredibly happy he's home from the Marines and has moved up from Florida to live with all of us...


Cheers!!!



So many laughs ("Run from the Germans!!")...


Then it was back to the house for games by the fire and some sappy Hallmark Christmas movies...


This morning we went to one of my absolute favorite stores Pallian.  This is where I bought my cigar ornament last year in memory of my Dad...


I thought this little guy was so cute!


We ate our traditional Sunday lunch at the Merriland Farm Cafe.  The food is delicious.  I can only dream of living up there in the woods. It's so beautiful and peaceful...


And...I found more J-O-Y...