I met Corey when I was a senior in high school and she was a freshman. She was a tiny girl with this larger than life personality. Her smile lit up that cute face of hers. She won me over immediately and we quickly became friends. She was a student at my sister's dance studio, but we met when we did a high school musical together, Jesus Christ Superstar, at a private all boys high school. What fun we had doing that play together.

Corey was a fabulous dancer. She would fly around that stage with such ease. I remember so vividly a solo she did to Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield". She made me cry with all that emotion she poured into that dance. To this day if I hear that song it reminds me of Corey.
We kept in touch for a few more years. The last time I saw her was when she was living in Wilton, CT. She had moved while she was still in high school. An old boyfriend of mine lived in the next town over from Wilton so when I went to his house for a weekend I had the chance to see Corey. I got to see her new home and hang out with her for an afternoon. It was so nice to see her again. Corey was also a great pen-pal. She sent me lots of letters and cards while I was away at college which always brightened my day. She knew I was a little homesick and those letters meant the world to me.
I'm sorry I lost touch with her. I would have loved to have shared our adult lives with each other. I read that she got married and had beautiful twin boys. They are just way too young to lose their mom, but I am sure they will know all about her through her family and the wonderful legacy she left behind.
Sometimes you meet people for only a brief time through this journey in life and some leave a lasting impression. Corey was just that person. She was a fun loving girl who I shared some wonderful times with.

