A few things were different about the recital this year. For starters it was held at a different venue for the first time in our thirteen years. It has always been at the PPAC but this year it was at the Vets. The buildings are quite similar.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I really am not a fan of recital day. Let's start with the positive shall we? I actually wasn't as tired from having to run up and down the stairs and out to the auditorium to watch and then run all the way back down to the dressing room. This time I just walked up a flight of stairs and watched discretely from the wings. It was actually fun watching the girls from backstage cheering each other on.
And the negative...oh where do I start. Maybe with the fact that there were THREE recitals all on one day instead of two. The first recital was about an hour and a half and the other two were each three hours long. Ya. Crazy long day. And then Julia was so sick (found out later that it was mono!) but she was a trooper and danced 19...yes NINETEEN...routines. I think that is way too much to ask of anyone even if they're not sick. I'm sure there were girls who danced even more routines than her. And last but not least...it was Father's Day to top it all off. Ugh.
Julia with her friend Bridget who is graduating this year. She's really going to miss her...
And that my friends is all the pictures I took the entire day. C'est la vie.



