Our boy turned 18 yesterday! EIGHTEEN!!! It never ever gets easier. I have to admit that I've been trying to emotionally prepare myself for this one for a while...but let me tell you...it still hurt. Like to the core it hurt. He humored me and looked at his baby pictures with me the other night. He's such a love. He's honestly so good to me. He gives me BIG hugs...every...single...day and tells me he loves me...every...single...day. I'm a lucky Mama.
We asked him where he wanted to go for dinner on his birthday but instead he chose breakfast. He wanted the IHOP churro pancakes. They were super sweet...just like my boy!! : )
So glad CeCe could join us!
When we got back to the house Nicholas opened his presents. The girls gave him a bag full of candy...
His big birthday present was a new gaming chair for his room. He also got a few other fun things from us too and presents from his auntie's and his Nana...
Then at dinner he proceeds to tell me that now he's 18 he's going to:
1. Go to a casino.
2. Buy a lottery ticket.
3. Get a tattoo.
4. Get piercings.
And I reminded him of number 5. That he can officially be arrested and go to jail now too. ; ) So he better be a good boy!
I know he just says things like that to tease his old Mama and see my reaction. But he really did buy his very first lottery ticket last night...and sent me a text to show me how he was going to "win big"...haha!!! And of course he lost his $5! Hopefully that will teach him! Can you imagine if he did win big on his first ticket??? That actually wouldn't have been a good thing at all!
We sang Happy Birthday to our boy twice...once in the morning with no cake because we were super full from our breakfast...
and once more at night with some whoopie pies before he went to hang out with his friends...
He'll always...always...always be our baby boy. Truly...the best day of my life was the day he was born. Simply a miracle.
(enormously pregnant with Julia here but I love how he used to cuddle with me with his binkie...)
The love of my life.













