Monday, October 26, 2020

Preschool Days

As we continue to pour through thousands of pictures at my Mom's, I came across this one of me and my best friend from preschool.  

Her name was Patty which ironically is the name of my best friend today.  I'm still in touch with this Patty through Facebook.  We went on to graduate from the same high school but we weren't friends again after preschool.  Simply because we went to different elementary schools and never had classes together in HS.  I thought the picture was so cute though and shared it with her through FB messenger.  She got a kick out of it too! She said I made her day!! : ) 

I'll never forget our teacher's name...Mrs. Boomhower!  That's probably why I'll never forget it!!  She was the best!  She ran the preschool out of her home which was a beautiful old house with super high ceilings and a great big back yard with a colorful jungle gym.  I remember snack time was just before recess and how she would have us rest our heads on our desks for a few minutes.  If you fell asleep you would miss recess so I used to make darn sure that didn't happen!  Just once I fell asleep and I remember waking up all groggy and confused and so disappointed that I missed it!  I also remember graduation day very well.  

The preschool was just across the street from my Dad's office.  On the first day of school, the teacher told the parents not to be late for pick up.  Sure enough, my Dad got busy at work and panicked when he realized the time. He said he ran all the way over to the school to get me!  I loved hearing him tell me that story.  : )