Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Gianna's poem

I found this poem Gianna wrote back in 2018 when she was in 8th grade. It's so good! She's always had such a gift for writing. I think she's missing her calling. 


9/7/18

WHERE I'M FROM

I am from the roots of Italian chefs

From the streets of Sicily and Bari

I am from the home of pasta and freshly brewed wine

From blue seas and clear skies

From coliseums and ancient ruins across the boot-shaped land.

 

I am from the hard pavement driveways

From chalk and pebbles

I am from the roars of laughter

From joy and smiles

From colorful waxy crayons

 

I am from the spotlights

From the loud musical notes and bright stage

I am from the deep lyrics of songs

From the powerful movement of emotions

From playing the roll of someone who isn’t my own

 

I am from the memories of my closest companions

From joy and smiles

I am from the love of all creatures

From the fur of my two cats

From the happiness of others