Monday, November 20, 2023

SHU dance show


Gianna had her first (and quite possibly last) dance ensemble show last night. She felt it was way too easy and just not satisfying enough from what she was used to at NEDA. She took two classes that were run by student choreographers. The first dance, Sleep on the Floor, featured Gianna. All the girls started sitting on the floor and then Gianna comes on with a solo part. Let me tell you she really owned it! I was so proud of her! Then the dance ended with just her on the stage! She looked so confident and gorgeous! 

The second dance, Golden Hour, was the better of the two in my opinion. Again she looked so beautiful on that stage! You could see her dance training. She was a stand out. I do wish I had taken a few pictures but I really wanted to enjoy it and be in the moment. I was beaming with pride!! Danny thought she was amazing as well : ) 

This is a video of Golden Hour from dress rehearsal. I love the song so much. I think she tried harder and was more expressive in the show last night. I'm hoping there will be a video from last night's show but I'm not sure there will be. I'm also trying to get the video for the other dance as well from dress rehearsal at least.