Kimmy and I went to the cemetery yesterday to clean up the graves and plant some mums for the fall. We always stop by our Nana and Grampy's graves first. They were the quintessential grandparents. Love them so so much!!! I know Mama and Nana are together again and that makes my heart so happy.
Look how handsome and beautiful they are...
Giving them a big hug in that picture above!
And we were also able to find our Nana's sister's grave with a little detective work! Our Great Aunt Cassie (her given name was Madeline...I'm not sure why they called her Cassie?) who we were never able to meet as she passed away before we were all born. Mom and I found it years ago just one time and then forgot where it was again. Haha! I've always heard about how sweet and lovely Cassie was from my Mom. I'm sure she and our Nana were the best of friends. Cassie passed away at just 50 years old from cancer. I'm so glad we were able to find her! Kimmy and I will put some flowers on her grave in the spring...
Dad...
and our beautiful Mama and foster brother Glenn...