On that day I died
I saw you from above
I saw the heartbreak in your eyes
I felt the sadness in your soul
I felt every single tear you cried
Leaving you was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do
I hope you know
That I never wanted you to have to live without me
I see how strong you have become
Even when you feel like you don’t have the strength
I see your sadness but I also feel your love
And I send mine back to you in every way possible
When you feel that sun shining down on your face
When you see a sign that’s too obvious to ignore
When you hear that song that reminds you of me
And when you have that unexpected calmness in your heart
That is me showing you that I still walk beside you
I know that life has been so hard without me
But I am so proud of you for continuing to live
I know that you wish I was there
And my daughter I wish that too
But please know this
I love you now just as much as I did on earth
That love did not die with me
It lives on in your heart forever
And even though you cannot see me
I will always be watching over you
