Sunday, December 22, 2024

Chaos by the Sea

Last weekend was "Christmas by the Sea" weekend in Ogunquit. I've lost count as to how many we've gone to at this point. Let's just say a lot. The weather was clear, crisp and quite chilly. It always feels so good to be by the ocean in the cold winter air...

It's very disappointing that they've done away with the local restaurant food tasting event. Ever since Covid in 2020, they never brought it back. That really was the highlight of the weekend for sure. 

Every year we name the weekend changing it from "Christmas by the Sea" to whatever the theme seems to be. This year it had to be the most crowded I've ever seen it...thus "Chaos by the Sea". Kerry, Dena, Kimmy, Julia and I spent the afternoon shopping in our favorite stores. We had lunch at the old Bessie's in the center of town and watched the parade from the warmth of the restaurant...

Then we bought some sweets at the candy store. I thought the window decorations were so pretty...

Julia loves to photobomb my pictures. I was trying to take a picture of the window...

We played games by the fire and had lots of laughs. This year we played "Go To the Head of the Class" which was hysterical. Kimmy was quite proud of winning...

We also played a new game called "Codenames".  That was super fun!  

The next day we went to the old Pallian store in Wells. It's now called Kindred & Company. I found this beautiful Christmas decoration...

It looks so pretty in my front hall...

That store is just fabulous. I love everything in it...

Then we had a quick lunch while watching a Hallmark movie and we headed home. Julia had to stop by her campus apartment to pick up her pet fish and clothes for Christmas break. The girls will be heading back to campus on January 3rd this year for "hell week". Nationals is coming up soon! Very excited for that! 

On a very sad note, there was a terrible fire last night in Perkins Cove and it destroyed our favorite Christmas store and Oarweeds restaurant. Just awful! We were just shopping in there last weekend. The store literally burned to the ground...


and Oarweeds will need to be torn down...


Let's hope they can rebuild.