Tuesday, December 26, 2006

2006 in review

The top 20 highlights (and lowlights) of 2006:

1) Saw Ricky Martin live in concert...simply fantastic!
2) My best friend, Patty, lost her Dad to cancer.
3) We bought the business from my Dad. We are officially small business owners.
4) Gianna talked ("hi") and walked (March 16th) for the first time all before turning one.
5) Gianna turned one on March 29th.
6) Gianna cuddled with me and said, "Mamamamama".
7) Dad had his back operated on so now he has some of his mobility back.
8) Danny & I went to Philly for a weekend without the kids.
9) My step-mother's mom died.
10) We discovered we had termites and how expensive it is to get rid of them.
11) We had the decking around the pool done over. I think they used diamonds for nails.
12) We were quite broke for the remainder of the summer.
13) My sister Kim married her best friend and partner, Paula. :)
14) My sweetest aunt, Dottie, died of inflammatory breast cancer.
15) Went to see Jimmy Buffett and had a BLAST!
16) My babies, Julia and Nicholas, turned 4 and 5 in August.
17) Nicholas started kindergarten and Julia started preschool.
18) We celebrated 13 years of marriage in September and are happier than ever.
19) Kerry and I went to "So you think you can dance" in Providence. So fun!
20) Celebrated Christmas with my family (except Ricky, Chieko and the kids). Everyone is still here and healthy for the most part. And for that I am grateful.

I'm looking forward to 2007 and hoping that it is a fun, yet uneventful, year.