Friday, May 25, 2007

Oh where oh where could it be?

I lost a diamond earring. At first I felt physically sick and then I just put it into perspective. I just told myself that it is only an earring...choke...and not like I lost one of my kids.

You see Danny bought me a beautiful necklace for Mother's Day, however, he forgot that he bought me a similar necklace last year for Mother's Day. It was the thought and effort that counts, right? Anyway, I found the receipt and almost fell over when I saw how much he spent for it. Since he bought it at an outlet store it could not be returned but it could be exchanged. I decided to do something nice for myself this one time and went to that jewelry store to exchange it for something I love...earrings. As I was looking in the cases the diamond studs kept drawing me in. I found a very pretty pair which were very reasonably priced. Turns out with the refund I would only have to pay a bit more out of pocket for them. I felt so good finally buying something for me which I swear I never do. I put them on and oh did it perk me right up! I was so happy!!!

Cut to today. I never lose jewelry. I have the same earrings and rings from ten, even twenty years ago. But wouldn't you know, I wear the darn diamond earrings for less than one stupid week and now I lost one.

It's only jewelry I keep telling myself.

I will never, ever buy expensive jewelry again. Lesson learned!