
Years ago, before I got married, I lived in a haunted apartment. I'm not kidding you. Haunted. Strange things used to happen up there on the 3rd floor. One night, shortly after moving in, I woke up in the middle of the night with an ugly, old woman crawling towards me on my bed. I will never forget the way she looked. There were many, many nights I would wake in the middle of the night with white swirling objects just inches from my face. I would frantically try to swat them away.
Then there was the crazy night when I awoke in the middle of the night to find the kitchen light in my apartment was out. You see, after all the crazy stuff happening, I used to leave the kitchen light on. But on this night the light was off. So I got up out of bed to turn it back on, and when I reached for the handle of my bedroom door...the door slammed shut! Of course I freaked! Mind you there were NO windows open so therefore no explanation for this to happen, right? I finally got the guts to open the door and turn my kitchen light back on. Needless to say, that was yet another sleepless night.
Then there was the day when a family recipe went up in flames in the kitchen. My aunt had this great recipe for a Swedish braid bread and my mom had a copy of the recipe. After much convincing, my mom gave me the only copy she had. I promised that "nothing was going to happen to it" and "Mom, I promise to give it right back". (To Mom, and for those of you who know my Mom, you know what I'm talking about.) Anyway, I'm in the kitchen just doing my thing with some candles lit on my kitchen table. The recipe was laying on the table no where near the candles. I hear a crackling sound...and then again. I turn around and there is the recipe floating in the flames completely engulfed! I think the ghosts heard me talking to my Mom and decided to play a little joke on me. Not a funny one.
So why did I stay there? It was cheap...my Mom was the landlord...and I used to make Danny stay with me most of the time (for protection of course!).
My Mom lives on the first floor of that house now and she has a few creepy stories as well that literally would make the hair on your arms stand up!
Boo to you! Happy Halloween!!!