I'm a sucker for romance. I was looking through a magazine the other day and they had listed the most romantic movies for each year for the past twenty years. Practically all of my favorite movies were listed. What I consider romantic is two people falling in love and knowing it's for a lifetime. And of course most of these movies have leading men who are beyond sexy and good looking.
So here's my top ten movie list for the most romantic love stories of all time.
Honorable Mention: My Best Friend's Wedding - Cameron Diaz and Julia Roberts are so adorable and funny in this movie and Dermot Mulroney is a cutie.
10) Dirty Dancing - OK so these two probably didn't end up together but it was a great movie. A guy who can dance masculine and is hot.
9) Untamed Heart - I rented this movie on a whim years ago and totally fell in love with it. Christian Slater is adorable in this movie.
8) The Holiday - Jude Law is to die for.
7) Fried Green Tomatoes - Unexpected love. No cute guys but I fell in love with Kathy Bates and Mary-Louise Parker.
6) Legends of the Fall - This movie has lots of love stories going on. And Brad Pitt with long hair...oh my goodness.
5) Knotting Hill - Waiting patiently for the one you love to realize they want it too.
4) Brokeback Mountain - I cried my eyes out over that darn shirt.
3) Titanic - Sweet and pationate young love.
2) Say Anything - That high school crush that ends up being the real deal. Everyone should fall in love with a Lloyd Dobler. I know I did...trenchcoat, hightops and all.
1) The Notebook - Nothing in my book beats this love story.