Thursday, May 22, 2008

Capron Park

Today Julia's class at Little Blessings took a field trip to Capron Park. This park is literally minutes from our house but we've never been. I'm not sure why because it is really nice! They have a great park area with swings and slides and a zoo. The zoo was so clean and they had great animals. We got a behind the scene's tour this morning.

The zoo has a new white lion who is just two years old. Isn't he beautiful? I couldn't stop taking pictures of him.




This woman is preparing the food for all 100 plus animals in the zoo. It's a very stinky job!

I thought this was funny. She had cards next to each bowl and this one said "bats". Eeek!


Here's some video of the kids just before leaving the zoo. Notice Julia's mood (very typical for her). She was upset because she was hungry and wasn't happy with the snack she brought to school which was a banana. Luckily, she was able to trade with someone and her mood improved tremendously!