Tuesday, July 01, 2008

You know what I'm lovin'?

Audiobooks! I got a new Nano and downloaded my first audiobook last week. It works perfectly for me!

I love to read and there are so many books I want to read but I don't know how people with kids have the time to read. I just don't get it. I have every intention of taking a bit of time each day to sit down and read but it just never happens. In the rare case it does, I get comfortable and just nod off! So I thought I would try an audiobook and I was actually able to finish a book in a couple of days which normally would take me weeks or in some cases never. I listen while I clean, do laundry, make dinner, and the best time is while I exercise in the morning. It makes all my daily tasks so much more enjoyable. And if the kids need me (which is like every millisecond of every day), I can just pause it and pick up exactly where I left off. No losing my page or rereading paragraphs.

Here's what I'm "reading" now and it is very, very good so far:

However...when her new book comes out on August 2nd...

I will actually read that one on my own (no audiobook)...very slowly...cover to cover. I will find the time for that one somehow. I can't wait!!!