Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Three in school

We have all three in school this year...first grade, kindergarten and preschool. One bump in the road though. Julia has afternoon kindergarten while Gianna has morning preschool. That's OK. It will give me some alone time with Julia two mornings a week before she's off to school all day next year. Next fall I will have three mornings a week to myself which I am so looking forward to. It will be the first time in eight years!

Nicholas was very excited for school this morning. He was really looking forward to recess and lunch! Typical boy!


Julia was excited too and not nervous at all. She is very independent. The bus was taking a long time today which she wasn't too pleased about. When it finally arrived she was a little annoyed that I asked for another picture of her getting on the bus. She was like, "Mom"!!!!


Julia posing again...


Julia was all smiles when she got home and Nicholas looked like a zombie he was so tired. Day one was a success. I hope they both have a great year.

Gianna starts school next week. Nicholas asked me last night at bedtime if Gianna had school the next day too. My stomach literally dropped. I guess I hadn't really been giving it too much thought and it just hit me like a ton a bricks that she will be in school soon. She looked so little laying there in her toddler bed sucking on her binkie. (Yes, she still has a binkie but only at bedtime.)