Thursday, December 04, 2008

Viruses, Reunions and Maine

Viruses ~ I feel so unbelievably lost without my laptop. Nicholas was playing some games on-line and must have clicked the wrong thing. Now it is infected with viruses. As Nancy would say "not good". So now it is with the Geek Squad. I feel like my child is in the hospital.

Reunions ~ I went to my high school reunion over Thanksgiving weekend. Just a strange mix of people were there. No one I hung out with any way other than the three friends I went with. Most of the people there I had either never spoken to in my life or at least since middle school. But we made the best of it and had fun chatting with some of those people. I always have a lot of laughs when I'm with my good friend Ann. So spending time with her and Patty were the highlight of the night.

Maine ~ We went to Ogunquit to visit Kim and Paula on Saturday and Sunday. It was beautiful on Saturday and we were able to go to the beach and fly a kite. The kids loved that! We went to the Maine Diner for a unbelievably yummy dinner (chicken pot pie and cornbread) and then back to the house for a fire and the kids roasted marshmallows. They had a ball sleeping in the huge king bed in the loft. The next day Paula made us a delicious meal and Kim and I did some shopping at some of my favorite stores in Ogunquit. Perfect finish to the weekend!







The other day out of the blue Gianna started writing letters. We didn't know she could even do that! It's so fun watching her learn! I was so proud that I shared this with one of the Mom's at Julia's dancing school. Me and this Mom often pass the time chatting away twice a week so we've gotten to know each other a bit. As I'm proudly telling her about Gianna she tells me her little one (who is just 2 1/2) can read. Yes READ. I'm thinking oh sure she's memorized the book. But no. She can really, really read. Talk about knocking the wind out of my sails. She proceeded to take out a Dick and Jane book and the little thing read the ENTIRE book to me. Amazing is all I can say. So when I got home what did I do? I immediately pulled out all my educational videos and tried to get Gianna to watch them! Then it was on to the flash cards and magnetic letters! I have to move quickly here. The next class is Tuesday. You think Gianna will be reading by then???