I loved four. I really, really, really loved four. It's my favorite age. Now I don't have a 4-year-old anymore...and never will again.
But I keep telling myself, five is good. Yes, five can be good. They start testing the waters more, get a little fresher, a little wiser. But I guess five will have to do.
Gianna has had three days of birthday fun. Her preschool party was Saturday. Gymnastics fun!


We went on a search for the perfect birthday cake for her party. At the first store Gianna spotted a ninja turtle cake and let out a shrill of delight! Julia said, "OK. That's it. You are going to be a tomboy" and proceeded to make gagging noises. So we moved on to the next store and thankfully found this cake. She doesn't even like cake. I think it was more for the fish so she could play with them in the tub later...




Sunday we had a family party with grandparents, aunties and cousins...
Nicholas and Julia took turns helping her read the birthday cards...

And again...no cake for her...
only peppermint ice cream would do...
And today is her real birthday...and she will celebrate at school with more ice cream and later tonight with our little family. I bought her something she is going to absolutely love...I'll show you that later...
Oh Gianna. How you make us laugh. You are so witty, funny and unique. A personality larger than life and simply all of your own.
Happy Birthday funny girl!!