I'm exhausted. Emotionally exhausted these days.
1.) Oh my aching tooth. For the last two months, I've had a tooth ache that has progressively been getting worse and worse. Finally I got some relief after a root canal the other day. I know that sounds strange...looking forward to a root canal...but I swear I would have let them pull it out after all the pain it has caused me. The bad news is...I have to go back for part 2 and maybe even part 3 of the root canal. Not fun.
2.) Dad has been in the hospital all week. He's been having shortness of breath. They did a procedure on him today and found no blockage. That's great news. Hopefully he'll be home soon. CeCe...you are the best!!!
3.) And last but not least...when is it OK for a teacher to call an 8 year old boy an "idiot"? This happened to my sweet boy yesterday. He was getting into the bus line to go home, when he was being silly and he started to (what he called) "speed walk". Now, I agree the teacher should have corrected him. That part I'm fine with. But then the teacher said...and I quote..."Cut it out you idiot". Yes, a grown woman...a second grade teacher...called my son an "idiot". Nicholas was so embarrassed to tell me that I ended up finding out from his sister. She overheard what happened on the bus ride home and told me later that night. She said Nicholas didn't want me to know. Once again, a teacher at his school used a form of intimidation and he kept it to himself.
When I talked about with Nicholas, he told me a little girl in the neighborhood has her for a teacher and she claims this is a word the teacher uses frequently in the classroom. She says the teacher says it to be "funny" and get the kids to laugh. Well, we call it the "I" word in our home. It's as bad as the "f" word to us. I work so hard to teach my children to be respectful and not use words like "dumb", "stupid" or "idiot". But I guess this woman is on her own planet and thinks the word "idiot" is "funny" and has no problem calling her 7 and 8 year old students this word.
I called the principal this morning. He took it very seriously and said he would speak to her.
This school is slowly becoming a thorn in my side. What is wrong with these teachers???
Every night we hear the same thing from Nicholas...how much he hates school.
Gee....I wonder why???
UPDATE: The principal did the right thing. He spoke to Nicholas first to let him know I called. He said he spoke to the teacher and said she had a "bad day" that day. (Really???) He called Nicholas back to his office later in the day, along with the teacher, and had the teacher apologize to him. She explained to Nicholas that she had a "bad day" that day (is that what you call it???) and said she was sorry. They shook hands. The End. Well, we can only hope so.