a list of things we want to do this summer...we may do all of them...or we may only do some of them.But we did do one of them already...we went swimming in Papa and CeCe's pool yesterday. Always a great time. The water was really, really warm and the jacuzzi was heaven!








Baseball tonight...



Nicholas had a field trip today with camp. I got a little bit emotional watching him walk away from me this morning to go on that trip. He doesn't really hold my hand anymore as we walk into camp. And that's OK. I know he's getting older and this is a natural step. He just seemed a little apprehensive this morning walking toward the big group of kids with a sea of yellow colored camp t-shirts. He was a little unsure as to where to go, where to sit, what to do with his backpack. But he just kept walking and figured it all out. I wanted to hold his hand and walk him over. I wanted to ask the counselor the questions for him. I wanted to protect him and take care of him. But I just turned and left and let him be. He's going to be nine this summer. He's growing up so fast. I know he can do these things for himself now. And a part of me still wants him to be little and still do everything for him. I want to take care of him. I want him to be with me all the time. But I know I need to let go a little. And I am.
But I know he's still mine. And will always be mine.
