Tuesday, November 23, 2010

College?

This morning, Gianna was asking questions about why you have to go to college. I tried to explain as best as I could. I'm not always sure what she captures at 5 years old. Then she told me she wants to go to Florida for college. Oh dear. I told her that is very far away and maybe she should go to school a little closer to home (wiping tears from my eyes just thinking about it). Then she got really quiet and looked kind of sad. I asked her what was wrong. She said, "Mom. I'm not sure about Clown College". Clown College!!! I had to cover my mouth so she wouldn't see me laughing. Where did she hear that?!?!? She got upset and said that she wasn't sure she actually wanted to go to Clown College. I asked her who told her about "Clown College" and she said it was Nicholas, however, Nicholas said it wasn't him. OK...so who's been telling our funny, silly little girl that she has to go to Clown College???

So I googled "Clown College" and look what came up...

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College

How to Become a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Clown

If you are interested in finding out more about how to become a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® clown, please forward a portfolio/resume, head and full body shots and a DVD featuring a thorough representation of your skills to:

Feld Entertainment, Inc.
Attn: Talent and Production Department
1313 17th Street
E. Palmetto, FL 34221

On the DVD, please state your full name, where you are located currently and the date of the taping clearly. Please include a full length head to toe shot of yourself during your introduction. Label the DVD with your name, height, location, date and length of video
Most importantly, the DVD should include sufficient information to allow for an understanding of your physical appearance, ability to display exaggerated facial expressions, display of your athleticism or any unique physical skills, an understanding of your comedy, as well as a sense of your personality and why you want to be a clown with The Greatest Show On Earth®.


Did you read that??? "ABILITY TO DISPLAY EXAGGERATED FACIAL EXPRESSIONS". So actually it sounds like Clown College might be a good fit for our girl after all.