Monday, November 01, 2010

A fun night

We had another fun Halloween here in Pleasantville last night. Our neighbors have a party in their garage/driveway for everyone. Lots to eat and drink. Then Danny took the kids trick or treating. I stayed and handed out our bucket of candy over there. Easy and fun! It's better than answering the door hundreds of times. And I'm not kidding when I say "hundreds" of times. Our neighborhood is CRAZY busy with trick or treaters. People come from all over to park in our neighborhood just to trick or treat.

So here they are...the Skeleton (he really is skin and bones), Supergirl (she thinks she really is), and the Witch (which she can be at times). So I guess they went as themselves!



Sad to say but Nicholas is getting to the age where he thinks store bought costumes are "babyish". I had to convince him to wear this one...



Julia posed Gianna for this picture...


When they got home, they dumped all their candy on the kitchen table.


And poor Nicholas had a belly ache. He only had a few pieces of candy but that's all it takes for him to not feel well. I had to rub his belly in bed. He felt better this morning.

Tonight is the annual "Halloween buy back candy program" at their dentist office. The donated candy gets shipped to the troops overseas. I really can't believe they do this every year. I know I wouldn't have done it as a kid. Selfish...I know. But I LOVED candy when I was a kid and still do. Anyway, they save just a few pieces of candy for themselves and turn in the rest. And doing so, they'll get $1.00 for each pound of candy, a toothbrush and toothpaste, and a coupon for a slice of Papa Gino's pizza. Hey, if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me! And best of all...I won't be tempted to eat all the left over candy!