Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Almost summer....

Summer is almost here...at least it feels like it.  It has been very warm and humid.  We're not used to this kind of weather this time of year.  But on the positive side, we've been using the pool a lot.  Memorial Day weekend was a lot of fun.  We swam in our pool, did lots of yard work, went to a Pleasantville cookout and ate lobsters and s'mores.  Nicholas' lacrosse team had two scrimmages at Foxboro Stadium Monday morning, the day of the NCAA lacrosse championship.  It was so fun watching the kids play on the big field!









Afterwards we stopped at the Bass Pro Shop. The kids love that store!  We saw these turtles...some on top of each other...how is that comfortable?  Or maybe it's the babies on their moms?



Doesn't this guy look real???


And we all played this fun game...


Only TWO more weeks of school left!  How did that happen so fast???  Yikes!  This mama is always in a panic just thinking about the long summer days ahead and trying to keep the kids busy and having fun.  Lots of pressure!  I hope I'll be able to find that perfect balance of activities and down time.  Fingers crossed!!  But before that, we have a lot of things happening in June like the end of lacrosse season, several school field trips and projects due, birthday parties, dance picture day, school spirit day, a graduation party, a family reunion, the girl's dance recital and dance nationals at Mohegan Sun!  Phew!!!  I know I haven't been posting as much but I'm sure with all those activities coming up, there should be plenty of pictures and things to talk about!! 

So until then....