She is an extremely cautious child so for her to even be attempting this is just amazing to me.
Julia has been working very hard on her 5th grade "Invention Convention"...
Her invention is called the "Cone Bowl". Who hasn't had a problem with a melting ice cream cone?
She made this out of play doh...how clever is she?
She thought of an idea about how to catch all that melting ice cream. You just insert your ice cream cone into this bowl that even has a straw to sip up all the yummy melted ice cream...
She is such a creative little soul.
Julia and her friends...
Julia being interviewed by local cable TV...
And then there's my boy....
He is most definitely on the verge of becoming a teenager (turning 13 this August) and he sure is acting like one lately. Yesterday, I told him to get off his Xbox so the girls could watch some TV. Words were spoken back and forth. As he was shutting it off, he said to his friend (through the Xbox live headset)..."I have to get off now. My Mom is being annoying." What?!? Who me??? Annoying??? I cannot even begin to tell you how much that remark hurt me to the core. I have spent the last twelve years of my life loving this little boy and now he's calling me "annoying" to one of his friends??? I knew this day would come. At least he hasn't told me he "hates" me yet. I told him how much his words hurt me. He knew what he had done and went to his room in tears. And then I went into the kitchen and burst into tears. I understand his feelings. I was there once myself. How many times did I run up to my bedroom as a child to stomp and cry and complain about how "mean" my parents were? I get it. It just stings that now I'm there in my life. He's growing up. I know we will have our struggles and battles. I just don't know if I'm ready for it yet. But are you ever ready for it? I just look at him lately and wonder where my little boy went?
But you know what happened after that? He came into my bedroom and saw my tears. He curled up on my lap, put his arms tightly around my neck and told me he was sorry. He told me he loved me and didn't mean to hurt my feelings. I forgave him of course.
He's a good boy with the most precious heart. He's just growing up too fast for me. Don't get me wrong...I love the little man he's becoming. He truly has a heart of gold and is such an affectionate loving little soul. He loves me. I know that. It still hurts this Mama to see her baby boy growing up and becoming more and more independent every day.
And while I'm a blubbering mess...I might as well add this picture I just came across. Oh how I miss him too...





