Friday, May 09, 2014

Virus

Boy oh boy 
Julia got sick
Like really sick
With a terrible virus 
That turned into croup 
It was scary 
She was having trouble breathing
After a long and difficult night, I took her the doctor  
She recovered fairly quickly with some meds, but then...
I wasn't so lucky  
I picked up that awful terrible virus 
I was sick in bed for days on end with temperatures over 100...
night sweats...
a painful sore throat...
and a deep cough that is still hanging on...

This is day 10
and I still haven't fully recovered
I can't wait to feel "normal" again
  
Danny was so wonderful picking up the slack around here
picking the kids up from school...
taking them to their activities...
(including a dance competition in NH for me...wow)
helping with homework...
making all the meals...
cleaning the house...
and on and on and on...

He has been amazing 

I pretty much just moved between my bed and the couch for a week

And this was KoKo last week while I lay on the couch...
I looked over and saw him enjoying my ice water

I hope he doesn't catch it next...