Friday, October 10, 2014

Kitchen update

More progress! We have a little bit of the flooring in (which I absolutely love!!) and the cabinets are in...


However...see that mark on the cabinet below?  Practically every single cabinet and drawer has those marks on them.  It's where the joint is and the way they were manufactured.  We're not happy with that.  I don't know if it's like that on all their cabinets or just this batch?  We're looking into it.


But otherwise I think they are gorgeous!!  The kitchen is so bright and sunny!! The granite people are supposed to be coming out on Monday to measure.  And our new slider is in.  It now opens on the right instead of the left.  This way no one has to be disturbed while sitting at the counter...loving the beadboard too!!


Danny thinks we'll be mostly done by Halloween...I'm thinking more like Thanksgiving.  I hope he's right and I'm wrong!!  (That's a first!)


I can't wait for them to take down that temporary wall so I can really see how it's going to look.  I'm really loving our new white trim versus the stained wood...


KoKo has no clue what's going on.  Poor little guy.  He spends most of the day hiding under our bed when the workers are here.


I just love our new floors!!!!


And I'm so happy those ugly dark beams are gone!!!




I have the curtains and paint colors picked out.  But still need to find some area rugs and a few other things.

To be continued...