So there has been some progress with our construction. We are on week four now. The contractor FINALLY got the permit from the town to open our wall between the old dining room and living room. He called everyday and finally went down there. He told them he wasn't leaving until they gave it to him. He sat there for four hours and he finally got it. Phew!!
Then there was a delay waiting for the sheet rock to show up. The guys worked late Thursday night getting that done. Then Friday the ceilings were plastered.
Here's the wall that took forever to open...only one foot on each side but it will make a big difference...
Our house is small so it will be very nice to have an open floor plan. The kitchen will be really bright now with the dining room wall gone.
Just taking down those awful dark beams on the ceiling in the living room will make a huge difference too. And I'm thinking about refacing our fireplace with airstone. I'm excited about that!!
This is our poor little family room (or "the other room" as I call it)...
They had to put in that temporary wall so that cut into the room by four feet. That ugly gold carpet will soon be going bye-bye and will be replaced with hard wood floors. We're also adding some recessed lighting too. We are so cramped in that room now. But the kids could honestly care less! They haven't complained once about any of this. It's as if they don't even notice what's going on. Me??? I get so claustrophobic in there! So I spend as little time as possible downstairs. You can usually find me in my bedroom. I love my bedroom! It's been my sanctuary!
I hope by this coming weekend our kitchen will actually start to look like a kitchen. The cabinets are being moved in as I write this. So that's exciting!! Let's hope some of the hard wood floors get put in soon too. We took forever to find the perfect shade we wanted. I love it!!
To be continued...