Just take a look for yourself...
Appears to be ink...
Painted way too thin...
Obvious scratches...
And here is one of the very few cabinets that came in with decent painting on the joint...you can barely see it. So why can't all the doors look like this one?
Here is the Schuler reps response to our letter of complaint. I wonder if she even looked at the pictures? It only took about an hour to get this letter back from her after we sent our carefully composed letter to her.
Hello,
Thank you for your email, and I apologize to hear of your dissatisfaction. I am familiar with your project, as I know my representative Jim Collins has been to your home, along with having been in communication with Deb at the store.
Unfortunately, with a painted finish, we have the possibility of seeing joint lines, especially as the cabinet goes through humidity changes during different seasons. This is something that is very common, and will increase and decrease over time. I know there is concern in the “gauges” by the joint line coming together, in which I believe I addressed at the time of the first replacement order, that you could receive this again, due to this is how we receive the doors from our vendor.
As I stated, I am more than happy to put in another replacement order, especially where you have scratches and light paint, but if we are replacing others due to the indentation or visibility of joint lines, that is not something I can guarantee will be different. Please let me know if you would like to proceed forward in this manner, and I can put in a special request, however again I could not guarantee. I would just need a list of following doors that you would like replaced.
Thank you,
Cara Welch
Regional Sales Manager - Northeast
Elkay Companies
630.272.7606- cell
630.366.2569 - fax
Seasons? Humidity? We have barely gone through one. The cabinets were just installed in November. Humidity is not an issue. It's winter here in Massachusetts. They arrived in that condition. How about addressing the problem with the way
the cabinets are sent to them by the "vendor"? She can't "guarantee" they will look better? How about talking to the right people and getting to the root of the problem so perhaps it can be improved or actually resolved? We will reorder all the cabinet doors and
drawers that we still find unsatisfactory and maybe...just maybe...we will get lucky and get one good one in the bunch.
