I miss him every single day but I know he is still here with me. That I know for sure. I love you Dad! Happy Birthday!!
Julia wrote this beautiful poem last night for school. As I was reading it this morning I realized that it reminded me of Dad. I don't want to change her poem, but if you just insert a "he" for the "she"...you'll see what I mean.
Gone with the Wind
by Julia
a beautiful summers day
laughter fills my ears
we run and play
there is no need for tears
everything is still
everything is calm
as we run up the hill
I reach to touch her palm
but I feel
nothing
nothing but air
at that moment
nothing can compare
then the dream flies out of my head
for I realize that I am in bed
I notice that my memory is gone of her
I recognize that I am thin-skinned
for I understand that she is
gone with the wind
