We had our first studio dance competition of the season this past weekend. It was in CT so that meant staying in a hotel for the weekend. Although we didn't see much of the hotel at all. Just the inside of the dark theater where the competition was held. Really long days...like 7:00 a.m. call times and finishing up two nights in a row at 12:30 a.m.! Crazy.
I really loved all their dances! But this is what happens every year. I'm nervous and overwhelmed with all that has to be done with hair, make up, costumes, accessories, which tights and which dance shoes need to be worn...that I don't take any pictures. And then I'm so bummed when I get home! But I did remember to take this one of my little "Newsies" cutie pie...
Gianna was awesome!!! She is such a great little performer on stage. This was her acro/tap production and it was fabulous! I can't wait to see it again! Gianna is such a ham on that stage. Her flipping has improved so much and she has such great form. She also did a beautiful lyric to "Ship in a Bottle". The costumes were pretty...you'll just have to take my word for that one. ; )
Julia did her solo and it was absolutely beautiful!! She has improved so much already from just last year! She was happy with herself when she walked off the stage and honestly that's all that matters. She was in the "teen" category and at just 12 years old was dancing with girls ages 12-14. And believe me there is a big difference between a 12 and a 14 year old when it comes to dance! But Julia held her own! She received an elite top first (which is the best you can get) and placed 12th overall! It's funny that at the two competitions she's done so far she's placed 12th at both. Hoping she can move her way up a little bit.
Angela 2nd
Emma 7th
Julia 12th
Gwen 13th
Alexis 14th
Maya, Gena and Ava G. didn't place
Also Julia won the award "NYC All Stars" for her solo. So did The Haunt and Kaylee, Alyssa, Emma and Alexis. Angela won a scholarship. Hmmm...yes the best of the bunch for sure!!
I bought the video and some pictures but don't have them just yet. I'll post them as soon as I get them.
Oh and I got one other costume picture - Julia in her production costume for "Bar Flies". I really liked this routine. Very entertaining! How cute is she?
But the highlight of the weekend had to be the duo Kerry choreographed for Julia and Alyssa called "The Haunt". Ricky did an incredible job on the music too! What a performance! They killed it!
They won 1st place in the junior duo/trio division. They beat some really good dances too. Very well deserved!!