Friday, May 01, 2015

Middle School report cards

I'm so proud!!  Both Nicholas and Julia did GREAT on their 3rd term report cards!  Not always an easy thing to do in Middle School.

Julia's 6th grade report card...


And she was disappointed she got one B!  All A's and one B??  I think that's pretty amazing.

Nicholas got all A's and B+'s!!  He had a disastrous 2nd term.  Lots of reasons for that like many no school days due to snow and that meant a big disruption of school.  He didn't get to see his tutor for almost a month too because of the bad weather.  Also, he got sick and missed almost a full week of school.  He doesn't do well with that kind of a routine.  He needs consistency.  I think he got overwhelmed and just didn't know how to handle it. But we came up with a plan together (in addition to having all his electronics taken away to help give him some accountability and an incentive to earn them back) and it is working.  Yay!! Let's hope he can stay on track until the end of June.  And you know what else I am so proud of besides his good grades??  All those wonderful comments from his teachers!  He went from "talkative in class" and "disruptive in class" to "a pleasure to have in class" and "conscientious student".   He was so cute....he asked his teachers how his behavior has been in class.  He told them he was trying really hard to be good.  Now that's a good boy. He really and truly is a good boy.  I couldn't be more proud of him!