Monday, May 04, 2015

Starpower Weekend

We had our last regional dance competition this past weekend in Springfield. Honestly, I'm happy about it because those competitions are so exhausting.  I do love seeing my beautiful girls up on the big stage though showing off all their training and having fun with their friends.  But boy oh boy those quick costume changes along with hair and makeup changes are just so stressful.

So Julia's solo didn't go as planned this weekend.  I just wish she had performed the way I know she can.  All I want is for her to walk off that stage with a big smile feeling good about herself.  And that didn't happen this weekend.  Oh well. She earned 4 3/4 stars for herself (out of 5 stars) which was nice.  Her duo was wonderful as usual and they earned 5 stars and 1st place!  All her groups did great too earning 5 stars as well.  Gianna was fabulous too and her two dances earned 5 stars!  Very proud of my girls.

Julia warming up for her solo...yikes...look at her beautiful extension!!


Julia received an invitation to the Power Pak convention too!  Here's what they say about it on their website..."Power Pak is an exclusive, dance intensive comprised of the most elite dancers from all across the country. Power Pak participants are hand selected and receive invitations at all Star Dance Alliance events."  Pretty cool!!  It's being held in Disney World this summer but we aren't going.  Hey, if she won a FULL scholarship... sure...we'd be there in a heartbeat!!




Gianna didn't compete yesterday so she was a big help with getting Julia ready for her dances...



I just love this costume...."Bar Flies" production...


Gianna warming up her perfect back handsprings...


Here are some videos of their performances from the weekend.

Julia's duo "The Haunt"...


Julia's lyric "Birds of Prey"...


Julia's jazz "Dare to Enter"...


Gianna's lyric "Ship in a Bottle"...


Gianna's acro "Seize the Day"...