Monday, October 05, 2015

Be Brave Baylee

On July 4, 2015, this young girl named Baylee was in a horrific ATV accident and was burned over 65% of her body.  She is now fighting for her life at a burn center. Baylee is a beautiful 15 year-old girl from Provo, UT.  I don't know her personally but I feel as if I do now.  I've been following her story on a facebook page her family has created for her. Her parents, family and friends have been so amazing.  I don't know how they are holding up through all of this but surprisingly they are.  They have tremendous faith...that's for sure.

Here is a picture from the end of August...


and here is a more recent picture of her taken just a few weeks ago...


As you can tell her health is declining.  She has been unresponsive now for a while.  They are not sure why.  She is a very sick girl as infections from the wounds are ravaging her body.  My heart breaks for her and for her family and friends. She's had to endure excruciating wound care and 20 surgeries to date. Even having to shave off her hair was so very sad and upsetting for her.  It made me cry just to think about it knowing how important hair is to a teenage girl. Her family, friends and even some of the nurses shaved their heads first to show her support. How incredible was that?  It's just all so unimaginable...especially for a child.   

If you are reading this, please pray for Baylee.  She truly is an inspiration.  I'm praying that her body heals, that she has the strength to continue to fight and that the doctors and nurses have the wisdom to make her better.  

If you want to follow Baylee on Facebook, her page is called "Be Brave Baylee".

Just click on this link: Be Brave Baylee