We took our yearly trip to Tougas Family Farms for apple picking...
I'm almost sure that Nicholas has to be standing on something in this picture...because honestly...is he really that much taller than his sisters now?!?
He loved lifting the girls up high to reach the apples...
The orchard was hit with a hail storm a few months back and all the apples were a little scarred from that. They may not have looked perfectly pretty but they tasted just fine...
Another big reason we choose this place...
They pop kettle corn right there on-site and they have lots and lots of fresh apple cider donuts. Yummy.
Oh...and forgot to mention it was really really HOT. We were all sweating!! Very different weather for apple picking this year that's for sure.
Oh and I also wanted to make note of something Nicholas said because it was just classic. The night before apple picking he was doing his usual teenage thing where he was saying he didn't want to go, etc., etc. It makes me really sad when he does that (which is often), but at the same time...I totally get it. So then he goes, "Mom. When you turn 16 you stop doing things with your family." Oh my goodness that gave me the best belly laugh ever!!! He was laughing too thank goodness. But you know what? He did go with us and he did have a good time. Sometimes you just have to tell those teenagers...you're going!! It's all good. I'm loving reliving the teenage years right along with them.