Monday, September 18, 2017

September doings...

We celebrated CeCe's birthday. This picture just cracks me up. She is so silly...




Gianna is just overjoyed to finally be old enough to volunteer at the animal shelter down the street.  I go with her once a week for an hour to sit and talk and play with the cats. We brush them and give them treats.  It's very important to socialize with them...especially the ferals...so they can get adopted too like all the young cats and kittens do.


The young ones move out rather quickly which is awesome...



Gianna loving on one of the older cats...


These two have been there for quite a while.  How I wish I could just take them all home so they can sit on my screened in porch and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air...


Gianna brought her Dad to the shelter on Saturday to show him all the cats (which she knows practically every one of them by name now) and they got to walk one of the dogs that is up for adoption.

And here's my beautiful boy KoKo.  We adopted him eight years ago from that same shelter.  He's such an awesome cat. We've given him a very happy life. I wish that for all the cats still there waiting for homes.


And on to other happenings...we got Julia this new desk for her princess room which functions way better than the old tiny desk she had before. I bought her a pretty new desk chair to match her headboard. That will be here next week. And then we just have the closet left to be painted and the princess room will be finished...


But then it's on to the Prince's room.  Nicholas has been patiently waiting for his turn for some fresh paint on the walls and a new bed and desk. He is currently sleeping on a very old mattress on the floor.  Stay tuned.