This is the first time that I'm looking at a picture of my girls together that Gianna doesn't look little to me anymore...sniff sniff...
This will be the last year of acro for Gianna. She simply doesn't like flipping and I don't blame her. So I added another tap team for her next year instead...
Gianna and her cute friend Makayla...
Julia's friends came to watch. They brought her flowers too which was so sweet...
This was Amy and Kaylee's last recital. They are both amazing dancers and they will be missed...
And this was my mantra yesterday...
Yes, I'm glad to be alive after that horrific accident we had.
I will tell you this. After 12 recitals this is what I know for sure. I will never...EVER...miss recital day...NEVER. Yes, I'm sure I will miss seeing the girls up on stage dancing with their friends and teammates...but I will never be sad when recital day ends. It's long...it's exhausting...and it's terribly painful for me. And this is what I know for sure as well...it wouldn't be painful at all if I could just drop my girls off in the dressing room and go sit in the audience and enjoy the show. But that's simply not the case. Yes, I hear it all the time from the mothers that do just that. "Let them do it by themselves"..."they're old enough". Well, yes and no. I see how they struggle to get into their costumes when they are super rushed and have one or two numbers in between dances. They are all sweaty and most of the costumes are really really tight and very difficult to get on. There are endless accessories...gloves, chokers, head pieces, shoe changes, things that need to be pinned, some dances that have earrings and others that do not...and the list goes on and on and on. Yes, I could let them fend for themselves...but I feel that could spell disaster, aggravation, stress and most definitely tears. So I choose to be a helpful mom. Most mothers do help...and then there are that few that plant their butts in the audience for the entire shows. I wish I could be one of those Moms but I'm not.
And with that said...I'm DONE with another recital for one more year.






