We had some really nice dinners. This is a pretty picture of my pretty girl at a pretty place right on the bay...
Julia and I with my not so pretty hair as the humidity was out of control all week...
So Wednesday was a really long day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. And yes that was the 4th of July. Big bummer that we didn't get to celebrate this year. I was way too tired to walk anywhere to see fireworks. The girls had all their large groups that day...a total of 5 for Gianna and 4 for Julia.
Gianna stretching in the dressing room with her friend Sam...
Backstage with Gianna's tap team "Hairspray"...
Julia's small group "Never Walk Alone" won first place...
I love these pictures taken right before their performance. Such a talented group of girls...
Gianna's acro "Jumpin Jack", Julia's acro "Le Pianiste" and the production "Little Havana" all won 1st place in their categories...
And out of all the large groups Gianna's jazz "All That Jazz" placed 2nd and Julia's jazz "Hit the Road Jack" placed 4th which was very good considering there were about 26 large groups.
Some of the girls from "The Pianist"...
And I think this is some of the girls from "Little Havana". So many groups and so many pictures I get them confused...
Then the Battle Dance Off was Thursday. Again another day long competition starting at 9:00 and not leaving the building until 5:00. Very exhausting.
This is Gianna's jazz team "All That Jazz" warming up before the battle...
I love how they all casually sit in splits like it's nothing...
On stage ready to perform...
I love seeing my girls in the same costume for a change...
"Jumpin Jack"...
Julia with some of her friends and teammates...
and Gianna with some of her friends and teammates...
Gianna's jazz team (minus Jada)...
I am so relieved that the week is over and we're back home. It only took 10 hours to get there and 8 1/2 to get back. Ugh! How I dread long car rides. Now I have a gynecologist appointment and jury duty to look forward to this coming week. Oh what fun! Summer will get better soon, right?























