Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Julia's 16th birthday

Yesterday was Julia's 16th birthday!!  It was a very busy day.  For starters...Julia passed her test and got her permit!!  Yay!!  She's officially driving. So you better watch out on the roads...


Then we all went out for a yummy birthday breakfast. I think that's supposed to be a pancake.  It was ginormous!! She ate probably an 1/8 of it...


Then we went home to open a few presents. I just love this landmark 16th birthday bracelet I found in Ogunquit.  It has sixteen tiny gold beads...


She wanted this eyeshadow palette but it didn't arrive in time to open so I printed a picture of it...



and she loves her new Swell water bottle...


A loving birthday card from her big brother...


Then I took Julia and her friends to Mohegan Sun for some shopping, swimming, dining and a fun sleepover in a huge double suite big enough for ten people.  They had a wonderful time.  We had dinner here...


I asked the girls if they would put their phones away for dinner...and they all did!  It was so much more enjoyable for them.  They were laughing, talking and playing games.  Just like we did in the days before cell phones existed...


Then after dinner everyone took tons of pictures...














I am so grateful to Lizzie's mom...and my good friend...Suzanne for coming with me to help drive, supervise and have fun with. Now that is a good friend...


Suzanne with her daughter Lizzie who is Julia's best friend. I adore these two...


Ready to go home this morning after staying up pretty much all night...

 

Happy 16th birthday to our sweet, beautiful, smart, funny, kind hearted girl.  I know it will be one she will always remember...