Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Kindness


I worked so hard at teaching my kids from a very young age to be kind...K-I-N-D.  I taught them how to spell the word and even went as far as making kind charts and hung them up in the kitchen.  They each got a star every time they were kind to each other or someone else.  I know if I ask Nicholas and Julia about it today they would remember.  They still need to work on kindness of course...as I do too...no one is perfect...but I do wonder how much time families are really working on kindness...and acceptance with their kids?  I'm always stressing how important acceptance is too.

It really is quite simple.  Not everyone is going to share the exact same views and beliefs as you...politics...race...sexuality...religion...and on and on and on.

It really is so basic though.  Be kind to one another.  Not only to those who think the same way as you do...just be kind to EVERYONE. 

AMEN Ellen!