I spent some time last night looking through letters and cards he had given me over the years. I also have an envelope of his that he had filled with pictures, letters, cards and other mementos that were important to him. I found this adorable picture of him as a young boy...
And while going through pictures for my Mom's services we found this picture of her as a young girl...
How lucky was I to have had my Dad for 44 years of my life? He was the best Dad ever. And how lucky was I to have had my Mom for 54 years of my life? She was the best Mom ever. It feels so strange to not have parents anymore. But how lucky and blessed was I to have had them for parents? They were both fabulous role models.
This was the daily affirmation from Louise Hay's book "Trust Life" from yesterday, Dad's birthday. It's a great reminder for the days we are all living in right now..."Don't let your days slip by in frustration or you will miss out on much of your joy"...
And this is today's affirmation which reminds me so much of my Mom. Because she saw beauty wherever she looked...
I miss my Mom and Dad. Every...single...day.
And listen to this...Nicholas & Julia from 2008 wishing their Papa a Happy 75th Birthday! My heart...



