Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Peaceful Productive Mornings

I think more than ever it's so important to have a peaceful morning as it sets the tone for the day.  So here's what I do.  

When the kids were in school, I had to get up by 6:15.  But now that there's no specific time I have to get up, I usually wake up between 7 and 7:30. 


Then I read a daily affirmation from my favorite book...


This was today's message...


Before I head downstairs, I always put my work-out clothes on.  Otherwise if I hang out in my PJs, I'll never exercise.  

When I come downstairs, I do a quick clean up of the first floor.  Messes just stress me out.  Getting it done first thing is a huge de-stresser for me. I empty the dishwasher, load any dirty dishes into the dishwasher and wipe down all the counters, appliances and the table.  


I straighten up all the rooms...


and definitely stay away from the morning talk shows and news channels which is all about the virus these days.  QVC is always a safe bet.  I don't actually watch.  I just like to hear the talking for a little company (as the teenagers in my house don't get up until about 10:00).  I also love to listen to a Podcast or one of my favorite YouTubers.   

Then I have a light breakfast of my favorite peanut butter cereal from the Cereal School with a banana and 1/2 cup of 1% milk (a 3-point WW breakfast)...


After that I head to the basement to walk/jog on the treadmill for about 30 minutes, lift some light weights, do some sit-ups and stretch...


Then I make a cup of tea and take a relaxing shower.  I still do my hair and make up and get dressed every day...even when I'm not leaving the house.  Well, I usually have some Zoom calls so it does help to have my hair and makeup done.  Regardless, it helps me feel put together.  Since quarantine, I've decided to let my hair dry naturally instead of straightening it.  That was really drying my hair out.  I'n actually liking it wavy...


When I go back downstairs, I make my "to-do list" for the day.  Just listing the most important things I need to get accomplished that day.  I try not to over do it.  

And then...I have to work.  Blah!!!