Saturday, June 27, 2020

Sandy Davis Remembrance Day


Sandy did make my World a better place.  And she touched so so so many lives exactly the way she touched mine.  She was an incredible daughter, sister, aunt and friend.  

Each time I lose someone in my life...like Berta...then my Dad...then my Mom...and now Sandy...I feel like my World gets smaller and smaller.  It's one less person I can call.  One less person who will be there for me.  One less person at important events in my life.  But I have Hope that my future World will start to grow again...with new friends and more family.  


Yesterday was a beautiful celebration of Sandy's life.  Although her family would have preferred to do something outside...that couldn't happen because of the Covid restrictions. And even inside we had to keep the numbers down and wear masks the whole time.  I learned that it's not easy to cry in a mask. 

Her roommate spoke at the service and did a fabulous job capturing everything about Sandy.  Afterward we spent hours at her friend's house sharing stories and memories.  It was good for the healing process.  

My friendship with Sandy started way back in the 8th grade when she had a huge crush on my brother.  She thought she could get to him through me so she was sneaky and invited herself over my house.  That crush was over quickly but we became the best of friends.  We laughed about that all the time!   

We were at each other's birthday parties...



We were inseparable in junior high...


Our friendship continued through high school even though we had different circles of friends. I was kind of a goody two shoes and she was much more of a free spirit.  This picture of us going to a Halloween party speaks volumes about how different our personalities were...but we were still the best of friends...


We went to high school reunions...


and each other's weddings...hers...


and mine...


She loved my kids...


and every time she came home from Kentucky, where she lived for 15 long years, she would always make time to see me...


and we were there for each other when we sadly lost our parents.  


I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that she's no longer here.  I'll never understand it or make sense of it.  She was taken from us so abruptly and way too young.  But Sandy absolutely LIVED every single day of her 54 years here.

And this is how I picture her right now...


Surrounded by animals...enjoying nature...soaking up the sunshine...and her soul is at PEACE.  

Thank you for loving me unconditionally and for being the most loyal friend. 

I love you Sandy.  Forever.