Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Precious memories

My siblings and I have been cleaning out my Mom's house the past few months and we've been finding such wonderful precious things.  She literally saved EVERY card given to her...even all the cards she had bought over the years that she never gave to anyone (haha)...every picture she took...every picture given to her...every gift...just everything.  Needless to say it's been so hard.  I miss her terribly and really don't like being in her home without her there.  Here are just a few of my favorite pictures we found.

My Mom (on the right) and her best friend Lorraine.  She was the sister my Mom never had...


Just look at how gorgeous my Mom was!!  And how skinny!!  This was one of her favorite pictures and I know why!  Wow!!


And I found this adorable picture of me and Sandy!!  I don't ever remember seeing this before!  We were about 30 in this picture.  I do remember my Mom loved Sandy's hair cut so that's probably why she kept it. And of course she loved Sandy like we all did. She looks gorgeous in this picture...


Oh boy...I got a good belly laugh over this picture.  My Mom and I are EXACTLY the same age in this picture right now!!  Too funny!!  I just can't wrap my brain around that.  And to think that at my age right now she had four adult children and a house full of foster kids...and I have two kids still in high school!


And this is Tricia, who lived down the street from us as kids, and my foster brother Glenn (her boyfriend at the time).  They had such a sweet romance.  I just mailed her a bunch of pictures today that my Mom kept of her and Glenn including this one.  Glenn lived with us the longest out of all her foster kids...I think off and on for about five years. We all loved Glenn.  Sadly he passed away at just 25 years old.  He and my Mom are buried together.


And here's Glenn again with my other foster brother Steve.  Sadly he died too at a very young age. My Mom had so much love in her heart for all those kids and did her best to give them a safe and happy home.  


And she was forever a teenager with THE best sense of humor.  These are some things I found and wanted to keep. They sum up her personality perfectly...




I found this message to me taped onto an old VCR tape. Totally her sense of humor...


And a few of my favorite cards that I had given her over the years...



Yes we did!!  No one could make me laugh the way she did!!



And this sums up my love for her completely...




And on that note...I think I'll go cry some more because I miss my Mom terribly.